Rock Band Blitz is definitely a novel project, one that hopes to appeal to every kind of Rock Band fan: the fan that’s still jamming out with friends on plastic instruments, and the fan that’s since put those instruments in storage. Harmonix’s latest entry in the Rock Band series ditches instrument support–but keeps access to the extensive Rock Band library. All the DLC you’ve purchased for previous Rock Band games will work in this, and conversely, all the songs being introduced into Blitz will work automatically within Rock Band 3.
Harmonix plans on having 25 songs in the final game. But, what’s made the cut so far?
- All-American Rejects – Kids in the Street
- Barenaked Ladies – One Week
- Blink-182 – Always
- Collective Soul – Shine
- Elton John – I’m Still Standing
- Fall Out Boy – A Little Less Sixteen Candles…
- Foster the People – Pumped Up Kicks
- Great White – Once Bitten Twice Shy
- Iron Maiden – Wicker Man
- Living Coulour – Cult of Personality
- P!nk – Raise Your Glass
- Quiet Riot – Metal Health
- Rick Springfield – Jessie’s Girl
- Shinedown – Diamond Eyes
- Tears for Fears – Shout
That’s 15 of the 25 songs promised for Blitz. And once again, these songs will also be playable in Rock Band 3 with instrument support by grabbing the game. Rock Band Blitz releases August 28, 2012, and it’ll only set you back $14.99/1200 MS Points.