Today Harmonix let loose some details on new songs and a new story mode for their controller-free booty shaker Dance Central 3. The soundtrack will feature 40 songs on disc by artists such as Usher, 50 Cent, Daft Punk, and the Trammps. All tracks have “authentic dance routines created by professional choreographers.” These songs can be used to cut a rug as you travel through time in the game’s new story mode. In this completely realistic scenario, you have to Marty McFly yourself to previous decades to learn the hottest moves in that time period, starting with the 70s. Once you master The Hustle and The Electric Slide (among others), you can stop the evil villan from turning the world into that town in Footloose. Seems like a good time, no?
New tracks include:
- Afrojack ft. Eva Simons – “Take Over Control”
- Alexandra Stan – “Mr. Saxobeat”
- Ciara ft. Missy Elliott – “1, 2 Step”
- Cupid – “Cupid Shuffle”
- Daft Punk – “Around The World”
- Dev ft. The Cataracts – “Bass Down Low”
- Enur ft. Natasja – “Calabria 2008”
- Martin Solveig ft. Dragonette – “Hello”
- The Trammps – “Disco Inferno”
Check out the video below, which shows off the characters’ new looks and some of the new era-specific venues.
Dance Central 3 will be available exclusively on Xbox 360 Kinect in North America on October 16th and everywhere else October 19th.