Activision and FreeStyleGames today announced that Avenged Sevenfold is taking over GHTV for a one-hour show, taking gamers through some of their most beloved rock songs playable in Guitar Hero Live. Premiering today and airing multiple times throughout the week, the show is dubbed “A7X Rock Classics” and features exclusive footage of the band talking about and introducing some of their all-time favorite songs.
“We always want to let fans interact with music in cool ways,” said M. Shadows, lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold. “But now with GHTV, we can take it a step further and speak directly to players about our favorite songs. It’s like we’re right there with you as you play. It’s a cool experience that’s never been possible in a music game.”
The show features songs from artists including Pantera, Megadeth, AFI, Bob Dylan, Boston, Queensryche, Tenacious D, Faith No More, Deftones, Weezer and more, and will broadcast on GHTV channel 1 at the following times:
- Tuesday, Dec. 22nd at 5:30pm Pacific (World Premiere)
- Wednesday, Dec. 23rd at 1:30am, 9:30am and 6:00pm Pacific
- Thursday, Dec. 24th at 2:00am, 10:00am and 8:30pm Pacific
- Friday, Dec. 25th at 4:30am, 12:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:30pm Pacific
- Saturday, Dec. 26th at 5:30am, 9:30am, 7:30pm and 11:00pm Pacific
- Sunday, Dec. 27th at 7:30am, 11:00am and 7:00pm Pacific
- Monday, Dec. 28th at 3:00am, 11:00am and 5:30pm Pacific
- Tuesday, Dec. 29th at 1:30am and 9:30am Pacific
Additionally, Avenged Sevenfold’s premium show, featuring playable concert footage recorded at the band’s recent headlining performance at England’s venerable Download Festival, is being added back into GHTV tomorrow. The show includes live, playable version of their songs, “Shepherd of Fire,” “Buried Alive” and “Nightmare.” Activision will also be giving away guitars signed by the band and Avenged Sevenfold albums and merchandise on the Guitar Hero social media channels.