Alongside the March 24th launch of Hatsune Miku -Project Diva- X for the Playstation Vita, Sega will be holding a month-long launch event at Joypolis, their indoor theme park in Tokyo.
I say a ‘launch event’, but it’s looking more like a complete Hatsune Miku takeover of the facility. The schedule of shows and other special attractions is pretty packed, containing a little bit of everything for fans of the series. Here’s a quick rundown of what will be happening:
Overall Event: Hatsune Miku – Daiba de Diva X @ Joypolis
When: March 24th – April 24th 2016
Where: Joypolis (Odaiba, Tokyo)
Launch Event: Hatsune Miku -Project Diva- X Live Show
When: March 24th (doors open 7pm JST)
A special live stage show with the voice actors of Hatsune Miku (Saki Fujita) and Rin/Ren (Asami Shimoda) as special guests to commemorate the new game’s launch. The voice actors will be joined by the series producer Hiroshi Utsumi and members of the Project Diva X production team – Seiji Hayashi (producer), Tetsuya Otsubo (director), and Kanako Kusunoki (game designer). It’s not clear at this point which, if any, songs will be performed, but at least some of the show will be broadcast live on NicoNicoDouga, so interested parties should keep an eye out for it.
Show: Hatsune Miku -Daiba de Diva- X Special Live
When: Everyday except 24th, 29th and 31st March, and 5th, 9th and 10th April
Using the latest in project mapping/holographic technology, Vocaloid live shows can be enjoyed 3 times every day during the event period (at 12pm, 3pm and 18pm). The playlist for each time slot is as follows:
ワールドイズマイン (World is Mine) – ryo（supercell）
ロミオとシンデレラ (Romeo & Cinderella) – doriko
Tell your World – livetune
はじまりのメドレー ～プライマリーカラーズ～ (Hajimari no Medley ~Primary Colours~) – Special PV show, arranged by OSTER project (not a ‘live’ show, just showing the PV)
ラズベリー＊モンスター (Raspberry*Monster) – HoneyWorks
裏表ラバーズ (Uraomote Lovers) – wowaka
ミラクルペイント (Miracle Paint) – OSTER project
Tell your World – livetune
Show: Hatsune Miku -Daiba de Diva- X Special Show
When: 24th, 29th and 31st March; 5th, 9th and 10th April
On the above days, at 12:00, 15:00 and 18:00, 3 Project Diva PVs will be shown a big screen. There will apparently also be some projection mapping involved. The same 3 PVs will be shown each time, and they are:
千本桜 (Senbonzakura) – 黒うさP（WhiteFlame） ※From -Project Diva- F
DECORATOR – livetune ※From -Project Diva- F 2nd
はじまりのメドレー ～プライマリーカラーズ～ (Hajimari no Medley ~Primary Colours~) – Medley arranged by OSTER project ※From -Project Diva- X
Just from those shows, the event already feels kinda full-on to me, but there’s actually still a lot more to it:
- The event will also allow visitors to purchase special novelty -Project Diva- X case holders and poster boards alongside their entry tickets. Also, it appears that the entrance to Joypolis will be fitted with a (probably Kinect-powered) digital screen where fans can see themselves ‘interacting’ with the series’ characters.
- A number of the theme park’s rides and attractions will be given a bit of a -Project Diva- twist for the course of the event. For this, the popular Half-Pipe Tokyo ride will be pumping out Project Diva tracks all day. In addition, the Fortune Forest, Joypolis Exploration Party, and cosplay photo studio will all feature special -Project Diva- X goods for participants.
- Some of the park’s carnival-type games will be given a themed makeover, and winners will receive original merchandise. Similarly, some of the UFO catchers/crane games will be outfitted with -Project Diva- goods.
- The Joypolis store will be selling a range of -Project Diva- X merchandise exclusive to the event.
- An area in the park’s ‘multistage area’ will be used to exhibit -Project Diva- X illustrations and provide an area for visitors to try the game out.
- Hatsune Miku will be making periodic appearances inside the park to meet and greet fans and pose for pictures.
Last, but certainly not least, a ‘collaboration’ cafe and drinks bar will be running for the duration of the event. I’m sure many readers are aware of the wide range of themed cafes and restaurants that pop-up (usually temporarily) in Tokyo and other locations. Capcom Bar and Square Enix’s ARTNIA are probably the most famous permanent places for gamers, but Miku is getting the pop-up treatment again during this event.
Firstly, for the duration of the event, Joypolis’ ‘Frame cafe’ will be become ‘-Daiba de Diva- X cafe’ and start offering a bunch of character-themed food and drink. The event page (link below) currently shows:
- Miku(mint) Chocolater (三クントチョコラータ）
- Miku’s Blue Sauce Pilaf Omelette, garnished with Spring Onion (ミクのブルーソースオムピラフネギ添え)
- Rin Ren Banana Soda (リンレンバナナソーダ）
- Luka’s Tuna Tatsuta Masala Curry (ルカのマグロ竜田マサラカレー）
- Kaito’s Blue Prelude (カイトのブループレリュード)
- Kaito and Meiko’s Choco Crepe (カイトトメイコのチョコクレープ)
Check out the link to the offical event page below for pics of the other items. Everyone who orders from the special event menu will receive a coaster as a present.
Additionally, the ‘D-Lounge’ bar will start to serve drinks based on the series’ songs. At the time of writing, what songs/drinks are included is not known, but fans will receive original -Project Diva- X character stickers with their purchases.
I think that covers the whole event. Any fans of the series who may be in the Tokyo area over the next month should check it out. The event itself is ‘free’, but you do have to pay for entry into Joypolis (800JPY). It’s open from 10am to 10pm every day.
(NOTE: The info above was correct at the time of writing but is subject to change without notice.)