DanceDanceRevolution A has skipped location testing and was released immediately as an online update on March 30 in Japan. It’s been a full day since release and we’re here to bring you a round up on what you need to know!
The game’s official site can be found here, where players can customize their characters and modifiers for the game, with more to come soon. If you haven’t been keeping up on Twitter the past day, our Japan-based writer Paul Richardson was first in line to play, dropping the latest info about the game. Let’s take a look at the default songlist below:
New song list
[>Licenses from DDR2014’s “EDM” event, now in DDR A folder<]
- イーディーエム・ジャンパーズ / かめりあ feat. ななひら
- The Night Away(MK Remix) / Starving Trancer feat. Mayumi Morinaga
- Bad Apple!! feat.nomico / Alstroemeria Records
- チルノのパーフェクトさんすう教室(EDM REMIX) / uno(IOSYS)
[>Konami originals from DDR2014’s “OSB”/Matsushita events, now in DDR A folder<]
- この青空の下で / TAG meets “eimy”
- Poochie / kors k
- bass 2 bass / Ryu☆
- きゅん×きゅんばっきゅん☆LOVE / 松下feat.Sota & wac
- ナイト・オブ・ナイツ / ビートまりお(COOL&CREATE)
- 魔理沙は大変なものを盗んでいきました / ARM(IOSYS)
- Grip & Break down !! / SOUND HOLIC feat. Nana Takahashi
- Help me, ERINNNNNN!! / ビートまりお(COOL&CREATE)
[NEW KONAMI ORIGINALS!]
- さよならトリップ ～夏陽 EDM edition～ / 東雲夏陽(from ここなつ)
- 魔法のたまご ～心菜 ELECTRO POP edition～ / 東雲心菜(from ここなつ)
- 十二星座の聖域 / Zodiac Fall
- DANCE ALL NIGHT (DDR EDITION) / Sota Fujimori
- HANDS UP IN THE AIR / U1
- siberite / Captain KING
- Yeah! Yeah! / CLUB SPICE
[NEW BEMANI CROSSOVERS!]
- 朧 / HHH×MM×ST …[from pop’n]
- Ha・lle・lu・jah / SOUND HOLIC feat. Nana Takahashi …[from SDVX]
- 打打打打打打打打打打 / ヒゲドライバー join. SELEN …[from Reflec Beat]
- ALL MY HEART -この恋に、わたしの全てを賭ける- / SUPER HEROINE 彩香 -AYAKA- …[from jubeat]
- SHION / DJ YOSHITAKA …[from pop’n]
- Star Trail / Nhato …[from IIDX]
- New Century / Sota F.
The clear rank criteria has been modified, as have judgements/scoring:
|Score||DDR2014 RANK||DDR A RANK|
|950,000 ~||AA||AA +|
|850,000 ~||A +|
|750,000 ~||B +|
|650,000 ~||C +|
|550,000 ~||D +|
|Judgement||DDR2014 points||DDR A points|
|MARVELOUS||100% of points for a single note (Max score 1,000,000 / # of Steps)||100%|
|PERFECT||100% -10 points||100% -10 points|
|GREAT||50% -10 points||60% -10 points|
|GOOD||0 points||20% -10 points|
|Miss||0 points||0 points|
Let’s take a look at the game’s new theme and design!
The theme’s a pretty big departure from DDR 2013/2014’s. On this week’s BEnama, the game’s lead director/producer U1-Asami mentioned that “EDM” played a major role in the development of this UI.
USA, Canada, Europe, Thailand, and Singapore have been added to the locations available to select when setting up your dancer profile. They join the previous Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, and “Overseas.”
There is no mode select after choosing Single/Double/Versus, and the game heads straight into the Music Select screen:
At first glance, it may seem cluttered, but everything has a reason for its placement. See the 2 purple bars around the last 2 songs? That means they have been played. The color will change depending on clear/AAA/FC, etc.
On an older-generation/SD cabinet, the right side of the screen is simply cut off. The only disadvantage on those cabinets is not being able to quick-scroll Up/Down rather than Left/Right.
Options and difficulty settings are now selected by pressing the ‘9’ button on the pin pad…FINALLY, you can see the song’s BPM while setting your speed mods:
After choosing your song, you can select your difficulty. At this point, you can still toggle the Options window:
And here’s the gameplay frame. Quite futuristic, and fits well with the theme. Notice the song info has now been centered:
Not much has changed on the results screens aside from the theme. Here’s what happens when you fail the new Extra Stage:
Oh, speaking of the ES, you fill your Extra Gauge by doing well across your set. 1 point for rank A and below, 2 points for AA, 3 points for AAA. When you get 9 points, you’ll have the ability to play the Extra Stage!
That’s about it! We’ll have more information as it’s made available, so stay tuned for the latest!