The marching war beats of Patapon are coming to PlayStation 4 in 2017 for digital download. Lovingly rendered in 4K (2160P resolution) which requires the PS4 Pro and a 4K TV, and 1080p for the rest of you. Check the details below:
- Rhythm and Action Collide – Master up to six different drumbeats to command the Patapon troops to march, attack, defend, power up, retreat, and use magic. Combine the various chains of drumbeats to address each unique level, leading the Patapons to victory over the Zigoton enemy forces.
- Strategic Gaming – Patapon delivers a strong element of strategy by requiring players to properly customize and build up the Patapon army, arm each soldier with particular weapons and armor, and position them correctly for battle.
- Mission Variety – Take part in more than 30 specific missions including hunting, escort, and boss battles, and explore numerous vivid environments along the way. Players will discover and access more than 100 items and weapons throughout the adventure.
- Mini-Games – Five music-based mini-games allow players to earn bonuses and upgrades to further customize the Patapon warriors.
- Music – Captivating and dramatic original music builds dynamically as players march and encounter enemy battles throughout each level.
SCE Japan Studio has been confirmed in handling the remaster. A release date has not been revealed — but some new screenshots have that can be seen below.
Expect details in the coming months