Taiko no Tatsujin: Session de Dodon ga Don! will finally release for PlayStation 4 in Japan on October 26, Bandai Namco announced with an update to the official website.
The game will retail for 6,100 yen or bundled with the “Drum and Drumsticks for PlayStation 4” controller for 9,980 yen. Releasing is also a digital “Deluxe Version” including the “Donda Pack Vol. 1 to 6 Set” season pass that will also be available for 9,288 yen.
For the first time, a Taiko no Tatsujin Season Pass can be purchased for 2,700 yen. This will net you six music packs, each containing five songs. Not a fan of eason passes? Grab the packs you want for 540 yen a piece. Release dates for each pack can be seen below:
- Donda Pack Vol. 1 – 10/26/17
- Donda Pack Vol. 2 – 11/?/17
- Donda Pack Vol. 3 – 12/?/17
- Donda Pack Vol 4. – 1/?/18
- Donda Pack Vol. 5 – 2/?/18
- Donda Pack Vol. 6 – 3/?/18
Early purchases will include a code to download the Namco original song “Ryuu to Kokuen no Himegimi.”
Shop-DLC exclusive tracks are available at whatever store you pre-order/purchase at:
- Babel no Tou (from Amazon.co.jp);
- Taiko March (from Aeon);
- Mojipittan Medley (from GEO-online);
- Tower of Druaga Medley (from Joshin);
- Mappy Medley (from Toys ‘R’ Us);
- Dragon Spirit Medley (from Yamada Denkiweb)
- Burning Force Medley (from the PlayStation Store).
(Thanks Taiko Time!)
New trailer below!
Seen in the trailer are a few characters from other Bandai Namco games. This is a mode called “Guest Session Performance.” Within this mode, you’ll be able to play alongside special characters. The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu confirms that Hello Kitty, Hatsume Miku, Pac-Man, and Heihachi Mishima will also appear as well as Doraemon. This mode looks great and will love to see how the characters interact and change throughout the songs.
We’re wayyyy too excited to pick up the game and drum. Expect some livestreams once this releases. The game is up and available for pre-order via Play-Asia! We’ll update you when the bundle is available.